ok so here was the plan... i found this recipe through StumbleUpon, and as I felt like a break from the strenuous work of parnassus I thought - hey, you know what? I'm going to make something using a recipe off the internet. and thats where it started to go downhill.
Due to the lack of cornstarch in our house (this was needed for the recipe) I looked up sumbtitutes and decided to use pain flour instead... hey the web said it was all good so it must be... right?
Anyway... I followed the recipe, mixing the cocoa powder and the flour then mixing it into the milk while bringing it to the boil. after a fair bit of whisking it still looked a bit thin so i decided to add a bit more flour, as i hadn't added as much as i needed at first (this was because I thought - crap there's alot of flour here) so I added more flour and let it rip.
Then I poured the result into a cup and got this:
I tasted it and thought... "hmm... this is a bit flour-y... hang on... it tastes like cake batter!" yes that's right... my thick hot-chocolate or whatever it was called tasted like chocolate cake batter... or, to be more specific... brownie batter!!! My thoughts then jumped to another site I had once found through StumbleUpon which had a recipe for microwave brownies and so I decided that I would put the extra batter I had into a different cup and nuke it in the microwave for a bit in the hope that it would turn into brownies...
After 2 mins:
After 3 mins (this one got a bit steamy):
After 4 mins:
After 5 mins:
I then figured that it all looked pretty cooked so I tipped it out onto a plate and it looked like this:
Dodgy no?
I then proposed to eat the concoction... it was rubbery, chewy and slightly crunchy, tasted quite like flour and slightly of chocolate with a ver brownie-ish after taste. It was also very hard to pull apart because of its rubbery-ness. I was going to put a video here but its been more than half a day and the vid still hasn't uploaded and there fore I gave up.
After all that, the original cup of... whatever... had cooled and using a teaspoon I scooped a little out to eat... and you know what? It looked like chocolate custard. I hate chocolate custard. so I put glad wrap over it and put it in the fridge for the next unsuspecting victim.
I then returned to what had been a mildly passable brownie, only to find that it had gone rock hard...
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Don't Ask... Just Don't....
Posted by Flick at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
haha, that sounds quite unfortunate..
reminds me of this site i stumbled upon.. i think i sent it to you:
it was this person experimenting with all different things, to see how they turned out in the microwave :P
t'was amusing to watch xD
yeah I found that - I love when they put the marshmallows in and they just keep expanding... and how the crayons melt...
>>
i want that site!
caitlin's one. not this "thick choco" you've been trying.
it looked scary D=
and not very good for you.
YOU SHOULDA THROWN IT AWAY, NOT KEPT IT.
actually pris - my mum got home... looked at the chocolate custard-y part, tasted it and said "you know I reckon your father would eat this"
at first, i couldn't tell what colour it was then i couldn't tell what it was. then as i got down the page it just weirder.
ps i do believe that there is a spelling error (i could be wrong) in your thing. its says grammer and isn't it grammar?
pss how was the SKSK concert
you're probably right - but I can't be bothered to fix it - or whatever
SKSK was AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment