Monday, July 28, 2008

The Amazing Story of how I broke my arm

OK... so there are a few people who have been asking how exactly I broke my arm in yr 1 (or 2 - I can't remember) and the circumstances surrounding the breaking of said arm.

right - backstory tiem!
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace had just come out (YEY!) and for me, an epic Star Wars fan who grew up on the adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Princess Leia, this was a very big thing (KYAA ewoks R so cute!!!)

OK so I used to wander around in my dressing gown (with a hood) pretending I was a Jedi Knight (or a Sith Lord, depending on my mood) but thats no biggie....

so... the day I broke my arm I was at a Drama workshop and a whole bunch of us (Star Wars fans) were mucking around and role playing, and I was lucky enough to get to be Obi Wan Kenobi - the BEST character EVAR!!! (except maybe Darth Vader - heehee "Luke I am your FATHER!!! dun dun dun)
SO ANYWAYS... I was Obi Wan Kenobi, which now I think about it is really strange as I am of the female gender, but that isn't important to the storyline, and as Obi Wan Kenobi, for some reason I simply had to do a cartwheel (because all Jedi Knights to cartwheels) and I landed on my arm wrong and broke it

eventful huh? really climatic and probably alot less epic than you thought it would be...

heehee I just realised something, even back then I was Cosplaying and being involved in RPG's - I was born to be an anime nerd :P

- Shinigami vs Jedi.... Jedi would win (hellooo a lightsaber can melt a blast door, and there's the Force)

so until the next tiem - MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

4 comments:

Barnabas said...

Heh, beats how I broke my collarbone. Also in year 1! But two years prior to you.

The story - woke up in bed with a broken clavicle. Period. We think I fell out of bed onto the thing, breaking it, but my body kindly decided to put off the GET TO THE HOSPITAL YOU IDIOT signals for a few hours(? minutes?)... long enough for me to get back in bed, anyway.

teh Rend

PS. I have a very clear memory of being asked about the new Star Wars movie next week! back in year 3, so I don't think I'll ever forget that that travesty of a movie came out in 1999. Which probably makes it year 1 for you?

priscilla said...

/twitch

cosplaying/RPGing since yr1

/traumatised

ALSO

goooblahhbeeehlitaomeeh

missMatched_moD said...

epic story flick!
sadly i dont have an epic story to tell..well...not one that i can think of atm.
the story of how i cracked my head open isnt so epic..

Flick said...

muehehehe i am epic story QUEEN!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com